This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Building the Bemu cpp example

Nov 11, 2013 at 4:51 PM
Hi,

When I build the Bemu cpp example I get the following error:

"error LNK1181: cannot open input file 'C:\Visual Studio 2012\Projects\Bemu\BEmu_cpp\bin\Release\BEmu_cpp.lib' C:\Visual Studio 2012\Projects\Bemu\Examples_cpp\LINK Examples_cpp (Visual Studio 2010)"

Any idea of what might be causing this?

Thank you
Coordinator
Nov 11, 2013 at 7:54 PM
I have two ideas of what may be causing this.

1) Try building a second time. I couldn't figure out how to set up the directory settings properly to ensure that the BEmu_cpp.dll file is in the Examples_cpp/bin/release/ folder. As a workaround, I included a post-build script event in the BEmu_cpp that copies this DLL file. If Visual Studio builds the projects in the wrong order, this DLL file will not be in the correct folder after the first compilation. After every subsequent compilation however, the DLL will be there.

If I remember right, I can regenerate this error by removing that DLL from the bin folders. I can't build my code now because I'm in the middle of a big change, otherwise I would verify this.

2) The error may be happening because of the spaces in your directory path. This is probably not the case, but maybe it is. Check out http://support.microsoft.com/kb/815645. If you remove the spaces from the directory path, maybe the problem will solve itself. I doubt it, but it's worth a shot.

Let me know if either of this ideas helps out. We'll figure this out.
Nov 12, 2013 at 2:41 PM
Edited Nov 12, 2013 at 3:56 PM
Thank you for your fast reply.
I moved the project directly to my C:\ drive and built it, same error appeared.
I tried building the BEmu_cpp project alone, it generated the following error:
"Error1 error LNK1104: cannot open file 'libboost_date_time-vc100-mt-gd-1_54.lib' C:\Visual Studio 2012\Projects\Bemu\BEmu_cpp\LINK BEmu_cpp (Visual Studio 2010)"
Am I missing a library?
Not sure what it means, didn't find anything online that can help me with this error.

EDIT:
Just realized that I didn't have the stage folder in my boost installation.
Running bjam solved it for me.
Now it's compiling without errors

Thank you again.
Marked as answer by rabihsbaity on 11/12/2013 at 1:42 PM
Coordinator
Nov 12, 2013 at 6:26 PM
rabihsbaity,

I'm glad to hear you've got it working. Please let me know if you have any other problems.